Thursday, July 31, 2008

"margaritaville"

i am really happy. of course, who wouldn't be happy after spending an afternoon with a pitcher (or two) of margaritas (on the rocks, please)?! but i am not talking about THAT kind of "margaritaville". i am talking about THIS "margaritaville"...

"margaritaville"
theknitter's july sotm club kit


regia cotton color (#4177)
needles: us 1.5 (2,5mm)
gauge: 8 sts/inch

close-up of stitch


i love the play of the stitch with the yarn. i even managed to get the ribbing to flow into the heel flap. how sneaky is that?! all in all, a very playful sock for the summer.

i have gotten into a market bag kick and have been playing with different patterns. the one on the left is the ever popular "everlasting bagstopper" with some modifications. i made the body a little shorter than the pattern, added two 12" handles knit in linen stitch, and added some extra decorative stockinette copied from yeayeayeah's tequila sunrise bagstopper. the other bag is crocheted and i don't remember the pattern. it stretches to hold so much that i cannot carry the bag. sometimes i think the clerks take it as a challenge to see how much stuff they can put in the bag.



i have a couple of more patterns printed out to knit. although, i do like the bagstopper so far. both of these are made in bernat handicrafte cotton and my thumbs hurt. knitting the bagstopper in 3 days didn't help.

some of my newer acquistions of lace yarn.

top (l to r): blue moon fiberarts lucious single silk in lapis, cherry tree hill merino lace in dusk
bottom: skacel merino lace #1785


i am definitely in a yarn rut as far as colors go. if you notice, all my projects have the same color scheme!!! but i love it. what am i to do?!

i still haven't blocked my swallowtail shawl. soon...

6 comments:

T. said...

I was going to say - you must love blue! You got a lot of it going on.
Can't wait to see the swallowtail.

Unknown said...

Embrace the blue! You know I do. ;)

Love that LSS! Yum!

So, are you going to do the new knitty bag pattern, BYOB? I'm thinking of doing that cept I'm so not going to try to meet that gauge on size 7 needles - I like my fingers whole. I just have to dig out my Cotton Ease out from my BMFA stash.

debi's place said...

Umm was wondering why the Margarita glass was empty.

I agree with the blues I seem to have a lot of it also.

By the way Margaritaville is wonderful.

Aunt Kathy said...

I love those socks... they are stunning. I wish I was part of that sock group I would have loved to knit those up.

I have been wanting to make bags too... just haven't sat down to start them yet. I hope to make them as Christmas gifts for my SIL's.

Oh and Congrats on winning those Addi's

tapmouse said...

GORGEOUS socks!! GORGEOUS new yarns! (So Nartian-esque!) I see quite the summer/margarita/tequila theme going here...

Julie said...

I love that Margarita pattern, where can I find a copy of it. Love your blog too, fun stuff.