Tuesday, November 11, 2008

mini mochi, part 2

i finished my mini mochi fingerless mitt sample for crystal palace yarns. i am not use to knitting with single ply yarn so it took a bit to get use to the fluffy aspect of the yarn but once i did, knitting with it was wonderful.
i used around 22 gms for the one mitt so one skein of mini-mochi will be enough for a pair. the colors are a little faded in the pixs.


the colors are a little better in the photo below. you can see the color changes better on the palm side. just for fun, i used some of the stitch pattern from the top on the cuff ribbing.

the yarn is actually pretty sturdy. i had to pull pretty hard to break off the end when i finished the mitt.

i had a hard enough time taking a picture of my left hand in a fingerless mitt. you should have seen me try to take these pictures of my right hand in a fingerless mitt. let me tell you that it is very difficult; especially when i am right-handed and the button for the shutter on the camera is on the right hand side.

now comes the hard part...i need a name (kind of like the princess in never-ending story.)...hmmm, fantasia. maybe.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!

Knitting Linguist said...

I love it! They turned out really well :)

Anne said...

Gorgeous! A veritable blazing sunset of colors (love the ribbing detail, too)

Shelly said...

I am one of the four winners of two balls of this yarn, so I'm really curious where this pattern is available? I plan on designing a scarf pattern for the yarn, but I'd love to gift someone with a pair of these mitts when I can buy the yarn.

Shelly (who lives just above the belly button of CA)